sábado, 16 de mayo de 2020

POST 2 > WHY DID YOU CHOOSE THIS CAREER/STUDY PROGRAMME?

Hello everyone, today i'm going to tell about my dreams, ambitions, options and feelings during my existence after school.

I really don't remember what would have liked to do when i was a child, maybe a traditional career.
But I asked to my mom and she told me that in every moment of the day i was walking around with a scissor and a brush, so my dream job as I child was bocoming a hairdresser and also I had the habit of dancing in every part of my house. Always.

Now, when I had to choose a career to get into the university, i had other options. Between them was kinesiology, languages translation or environmental engineering. It sounds weird, isnt't it? Compared on what i'm doing today. But that were some options if i wouldn't have been selected to dance career. I wouldn't be here writing this.

And I made this decision because it always was my first option and i was selected between a lot of people auditioning so i said, "there's something in me, maybe, it's a sign". And here i am. But being in the university has been a quite difficult for emotional and money things. It's been exhausting. There's a lot of problems outside and inside the institution that affect the work of the art proffesionals, our teachers. So we can't, as students and future workers of art, stay there as if nothing was happening. They deserve a decent contract and regular payment and sometimes the university forget that. And that's when we decide to stop activities and classes to support them until we get an answer and a solution.
That's why being at the university has been difficult, because the art in Chile is difficult. And every single situation is different dependig the person and their contexts.

It's complicated to think in a job. It's an unclear future. But I would like to have a job where I can teach, being a teacher, but not in Santiago. I hope I could take all that I'm knowing to other cities or participate in some dance company. But as I said, it's unclear.

And that's all for now, i wouldn't know what to say or what I will do because, well, i don't know the future so i can change my mind in any moment.


2 comentarios:

  1. Hi Vivian, how are you? I really understand what you're going through with university because I live it too:( I hope someday things will be better for us :)
    Have a nice day, bye friend <3

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi Vivian! I really felt all the things that you wrote in your post. Is complicated to think in future seeing all what is happening and not just in our country, in the whole world too.
    I hope that someday the things could be easier for you and anyone. I send you a big hug! Goodbye <3

    ResponderEliminar

Video II. A job I would like to do in the future.

Here's the video. I tried to do my best.  https://youtu.be/14PcGddZDJ8 ❆